Dear Parents and Guardians,
We hope you had a Happy Safe and Healthy Christmas and we wish you the very best for 2021.
For the next three weeks we know we will be teaching your son/daughter remotely.
Remote Learning will never be able to fully replace the traditional face to face teaching but we will work together to make sure that the experience for both teacher and pupil is as productive as possible in the coming weeks. The teachers will be following the normal timetable.
To ensure a positive online experience for all, we are asking you to read and discuss the following guidelines carefully with your son/daughter to ensure that his/her participation in the online classes are always respectful and productive.
The Code of Discipline applies to remote learning and any misbehaviour by a student online may result in suspension from online classes. Teaching and learning online is challenging for everyone so we expect excellent behaviour and attention.
Procedures for Students Online Classes
- Be on time for every class.
- Wear your School Jumper for all classes
- Classes will follow your normal timetable
- Teachers will take a roll call at the start of each classes
- All student microphones should be muted during class
- The teacher will unmute students when communication is needed.
- Students should use the hand-up feature to get the attention of the teacher and wait until they are asked to speak.
- If the case arises that students need to leave a class early they should make the teacher aware before that classes
- Students should not leave an online class without the permission of the teacher
- Classes will finish after 30 minutes to allow pupils to prepare for the next class to allow pupils to prepare for the next class.
Online teaching is our new reality for the next number of weeks, and we expect every student to be present for class. If your son /daughter is unable to attend online classes for any reason, please email the school office email@example.com
Teachers will be moving forward with their subject curriculum and the material will not be revisited after lock-down.
Your son/daughter’s engagement is vital and any issues/difficulties he/she has in participating fully with remote learning should be brought to the attention of the school as soon as possible.
Assemblies for each year group will begin at 11:30am outlining how online classes are to be run and familiarise students with the online platform that we are using which is google classroom and we will offer parents the opportunity to join parent link in google classroom to monitor your son/daughters participation in class and homework.
We will send the link for these assemblies by text on Monday morning.
On Monday 11th January we will familiarise students with our learning platform and full classes as per your son/daughters timetable will commence at 9am Tuesday morning 12th of January.
Students assemblies accompanied by parents will run on Monday 11th of January as follows:
- 1st year assembly 11:30am-12pm
- 2nd year assembly 12:15pm-12:45pm
- 3rd year assembly 1pm-1:30pm
- 4th year assembly 2pm-2:30pm
- 5th year assembly 2:45pm-3:15pm
- 6th year assembly 7pm-7:30pm
Kathleen Daly James Mc Murtry
Acting Principal Acting Deputy Principal