Skip to content
School Completion Programme
- The School Completion Programme is an important support for students who may be at risk of leaving school early. As part of this programme we have the following supports available in the school:
- Every morning a breakfast club is held in the cafeteria in the school, all students are welcome. This gives the students somewhere to go in the morning time where they can have something good to eat and chat with their friends before school starts. Having a healthy breakfast helps students concentrate in class and ultimately helps their results. It runs Mon – Fri 08.15 – 08.45.
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays we run lunch clubs in the cafeteria for 1st and 2nd year students. We have various board games which give the students somewhere to go and sit with their friends and play games as a social outlet.
- Every Thursday we run a homework club in the school for 1st and 2nd years from 3.45-4.45. this allows the students to get their homework done in a quiet place where they can get help with anything they are struggling with. It also allows the first years to interact with the second years within the school.
- During the first week of the Easter holidays some first year students are taken on a trip. In 2015 they were taken horse riding in Rochestown. This gives the students a reward for positive behaviour and attendance.
- School Completion keeps track of all attendance in the school and makes contact with any students who are missing school or who are frequently late to school or class. This helps the students stay engaged with the school and with their learning.
- Some students are taken out of class for extra help with any subject they are struggling with, to help them keep up or help them to understand a subject better.