Social Personal Health Education is an important part of the education of young people.
S.P.H.E. ensures that each child receives a well-rounded education, so that on completion of his/her formal education, he/she may emerge as a self-disciplined, responsible and well-adjusted citizen, capable of playing an active and positive role in a modern society.
S.P.H.E. provides students with a unique opportunity to develop the skills and competence to learn about themselves, and to care for themselves and others, and to make informed decisions about their health, personal lives and social development.
S.P.H.E. aims to:
- Promote self-esteem and self- confidence in each student
- Enable the students to develop a framework for responsible decision making
- Provide students with an opportunity for reflection and discussion
- Promote physical, mental and emotional health and well-being.
- Nurture a sense of personal identity.
- Foster a spirit of self reliance.
- Promote each other‛s learning by sharing helping and encouraging each other.
Click Here to view our SPHE policy
Click Here to view the Junior Cert SPHE Guidelines
Click Hereto view the Junior Cert SPHE Syllabus